Our Kindergarten classes are recognized for excellence in academics with our graduates excelling in their first grade endeavor. Our bright, attractive room setting offers a friendly greeting upon entering and is large enough to accommodate 8 to 12 accepted students. Please contact us for more information about our Kindergarten program, curriculum, or to schedule a visit.
Note the DLC Kindergarten statistics following:
- Half-day session with small class sizes, 8 to12 students per class
- More individualized instruction and more opportunities for participation (due to small classes)
- Varied academic approach—verbal, visual, and tactile
- Workshops in language, math, science, writing, art, computer, and library
- Top-quality, high-end academic instructional materials and manipulatives
- Purchased textbooks and support curriculum materials written after extensive research and testing by highly-qualified educators in each academic field, using proven traditional approaches plus some contemporary influences
- Phonetic approach to reading, language and creative student writing
- Mathematic challenges, including geometric and algebraic concepts
- Scheduled formal music classes with music teacher weekly and scheduled formal P.E. classes weekly
- All materials have attractive and interesting graphics appealing to 5- and 6-year old students
- Extensive student evaluations issued 4 times per year with a 4-point grading system plus 2 scheduled parent-teacher conferences.
Kindergarten: $235.00 monthly
Morning Session: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Monday – Friday
Afternoon Session: 12:30 – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday